Thursday 23 January 2014

Interview with Cassandra Carr, author of "Bring On the Heat"

Today I'd like welcome Cassandra Carr, author of "Bring On the Heat" to the Thursday interview. 
Before we get started, a quick intro!



Cassandra Carr is a multi-award winning romance writer. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out online. Cassandra's books have won numerous "Best Book Of" awards and her novella Unexpected Top was nominated in the E-book Erotic Romance category of RT's Reviewers' Choice Awards. She thinks the best part of being a writer is how she writes about love and sex while most others struggle with daily commutes, micro-managing bosses and cranky co-workers. Her inspiration comes from everywhere, but she'd particularly like to thank the Buffalo Sabres, the hockey team near and dear to her heart.


OK - HERE WE GO !!



No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?

It depends on what I’d have to do and what I was saving them from. I wouldn't exactly call myself a “tough love mom”, but I also don’t believe in running to the rescue for your kids all the time. They need to stand up for themselves, they need to fail, etc in order to become strong, self-sufficient adults. Now, if it was something like my daughter being kidnapped, God forbid, those kidnappers better hope I *never* get close to them, because I would cheerfully dismantle them, cell by cell. I might not be a tough love mom, but I’m very protective of her safety.

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

Being alive means you get up in the morning, go about your day, and sleep at night. Truly living means in between those things, you laugh, you cry, you hug, you kiss – in a nutshell, you care about what happens between waking and sleeping. You’re present, not just going through the motions.

No.3 What motivates you to write?

Readers. They truly do. I’m sure it sounds trite, but knowing someone might curl up on the couch and spend their valuable time (not to mention their money) reading something I wrote makes me want to write, and write well. I absolutely hate disappointing readers.

No.4 Why do humans want children?

Oh wow. I think it’s an ingrained desire to continue the species. Plus some people really like children. Overall I’d say society dictates that we have children. It’s what you do. Not everyone listens to that societal dictate, but it’s there.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "Bring On the Heat"?

The logistics were by far the hardest thing. We had ten authors contributing to this bundle, so getting all their stories done and in, paying for the cover and advertising, etc, was quite a lot of organizational work. Herding cats would’ve been far easier. ;-)

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?

I’m a cancer survivor and the most important thing I’ve learned is “don’t sweat the small stuff”. Robert Ludlum was right. It’s funny – some people probably think I don’t care, and that’s not it at all. But I know the difference between an annoyance and an actual problem. And truthfully, most of the things people jump up and down about are annoyances, whether they want to believe that or not.

No.7 How did you come up with the title Bring On the Heat?

We asked the authors to come up with some names. I think we ended up with about a dozen and then did some narrowing/voting. Readers probably want to hear something sexier than that, but it’s true oftentimes it’s simply a matter of brainstorming and then elimination.

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. I’ll agree with some, I won’t with others. If I think it’s a legitimate criticism I’ll pay attention to it. If not, I let it roll off my back. Authors who can’t do that find themselves miserable. You have to grow a really thick skin to make it in this business. Not everyone will like you and your work. If you get defensive, or worse yet, go after the person, all you’ll do is create headaches for yourself.

No.9 Why should people read your book?

For one thing, it’s 265,000 words for 99 cents – a limited-time promotional price. How can you beat that? If you’re not convinced, how about knowing besides lil ole me is in it, so is Eden Bradley, Ann Mayburn, Cari Quinn and others? We’ve got something for everybody – contemporary romance, shapeshifters, BDSM, ménage, holidays…

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?

If there was nothing, none of us would exist, and that would be sad. There’d be no love stories, no babies, no sunsets, no songs. Just endless nothingness, which wouldn't mean anything, because there’d be no one to miss something.


Thanks Cassandra for taking the time to answer my questions
 & the best of luck with your new book! 


Check out her new book "Bring On the Heat" on



A collection of erotic tales from today’s hottest authors, featuring BDSM love stories, ménage romps, and everything in between. No matter what your taste in erotic romance, this bundle’s got you covered and then some! WARNING: These stories may require readers to seek out a cold drink and a hot man.

To learn more about Cassandra, check out her website at www.booksbycassandracarr.com; like her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AuthorCassandraCarr, or follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Cassandra_Carr.




.

1 comment: