Thursday 20 March 2014

Interview with Sheena Binkley, author of "Trust Me"

Today I'd like welcome Sheena Binkley, author of "Trust Me" to the Thursday interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!

Sheena Binkley first discovered her love for storytelling when writing her first story for a class project at the tender age of nine. Since then, she has composed several short stories and numerous tales that are not only engaging, but simply entertaining. She is also a freelance writer, penning articles on various topics including education and entertainment. Besides writing, she loves reading, shopping, and spending time with family and friends. She lives in Houston (where the weather is always unpredictable) with her husband and son.



OK - HERE WE GO !!


No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
I believe I would. Knowing that my loved one is the person that needs help, I would do everything in my power to help him or her when needed. It’s just a part of loving someone and for them to know that you have their back no matter what.  I hope my loved one would do the same for me (which I’m sure of), lol.

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is just going through the motions, not experiencing life for what it is. With truly living, you’re doing everything that you want to do, experiencing new things, surrounding yourself with great people on a daily basis. It’s also knowing the importance in being happy and living a full life. 

No.3 What motivates you to write?
I have a vivid imagination, so I think that’s the inspiration I need to come up with storylines, characters, etc.  But I also think it’s my love for writing and being a reader that makes me want to create stories that are interesting and engaging. 

No.4 Why do humans want children?
There could be various reasons. Majority of humans want children because they feel they have a tendency to love and take care of others. They have a nature in them to help guide someone in this world. Some may just want children to keep their namesake and to continue the legacy going. 

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "Trust Me"?
Since this book is a part of a series, the biggest challenge was to create an entire new storyline, but keep the same theme as with the first book, Love Unbroken. At the end, I was able to provide a new focus with characters that were first introduced in the first book, but was able to add more personality so readers could root for them as individuals as well as a couple. 

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far? 
To always live life to the fullest. Do not ever regret the choices that were made in the past or the present and to never doubt yourself. 

No.7 How did you come up with the title "Trust Me”?
Since the story is all about giving your all to someone and for that person to do it in return, and believing in that person, regardless of their issues or flaws. With those thoughts in mind, the title fit the story perfectly.

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?
At first, I couldn’t handle criticism. I would always take it to heart, putting doubt in myself on my decisions and my abilities as a writer. Now, I just let the criticism roll off my back. Not everyone is going to like my work, so now, it’s just something that I have to deal with. 

No.9 Why should people read your book? 
I believe readers will enjoy this book, because it has every element to a good story: Romance, drama, and hot love scenes. Who wouldn’t want that in a story?! 

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
In life, you have to have something to strive for, whether it’s a job or school, or just to be a good person. No one should live life empty and meaningless; everyone should have something they want or long for. 




Thanks Sheena for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with your new book! 


Check out her new book "Trust Me" on




Cheryl: 

Falling in love is something I’d never imagined. I didn’t think love existed, mainly because of the way I was raised. Relationships were never in the cards, especially since I gave a chance on one, and it nearly destroyed me. 

When I met Marcus Walker, I was only looking for a fling, nothing more; but the more time I spent with him, the more I realized he could be so much more. Not only has he helped me through my family drama but also with a situation I thought was way behind me. Now, I understand what love is and how powerful it can be. But will I let myself be loved, or will I continue to believe that love is not for me? 


Marcus: 

One thing I said I will never do in my life is fall in love. Being in love is great for some people, but not for me. That all changed when I met Cheryl Thompson. 

At first, I thought she would be like the rest, just a one-night stand, but when I saw what she was going through, I realized she was much more than a fling; she was someone I wanted to commit to. Will I be able to trust myself and give her what she needs, or will I end up destroying her even more?

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7092860.Sheena_Binkley
sheenabinkley.wordpress.com/
Twitter: ChevonBink
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sheenabinkleyauthor




.

No comments:

Post a Comment