Thursday 19 February 2015

R.L. Henry.

R.L.Henry


Today I'd like to welcome R.L. Henry
Author of  "Hybrid" to the Thursday interview. 

Before we get started, a quick intro!

R.L.HENRY is a world traveller living overseas for 6 years. In that time she has visited 26 countries, visiting many ancient sites which inspired her to write. She now resides in Alexandria with her husband and two children but will be moving back overseas spring 2015. Hybrid is her first novel.



OK - HERE WE GO !!  


No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?

Without hesitation, question or thought. I am a mother of two, and a wife to the love of my life. There is nothing I wouldn't do to keep my family safe. Being a mom means putting myself second and with that comes extreme sacrifices. I have not been tested to the point of breaking the law for my family but as of right now, I do not foresee myself playing it by the rules to keep my life secure when my loved ones might be in grave danger.

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

I am a risk taker, I live my life spontaneously and to the fullest. That for me is what differentiates being alive and truly living. If there is something I want or a goal I want to accomplish, I will do whatever is in my power to make that happen. I never sit and wait around for life to come to me. I go after life and make my dreams come true. I am not a religious person, with that being said I only believe in this one life, this one chance to experience the beauty and happiness that awaits in this world. For me my memories are the most precious things I will have on my death bed. I want to be able to look back at my existence and say "I did that. I lived that life. I was able to be the best I could be."

No.3 What motivates you to write?

My travels are my motivation for writing. I have been blessed with the opportunity to live overseas for 6 years and in that time I was able to visit 26 countries. Travelling ancient sites, historical places and actually visiting with the people who live in those rural cultures sparks motivation in my writings.

No.4 Why do humans want children?

Aside from the scientific aspect of procreating, I wanted children because I love my husband and knew instantly creating new life with him would be my best contribution to this world as an adult. Motherhood has been my greatest joy, passion and reward. No other experience has or could come close to the daily blessings I have with my children and my husband by my side.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "Hybrid" ?

The summery and title. Writing the story was simple for me, it just flowed. The summary, putting the entire novel into a catchy paragraph was frustrating. Then struggling with a eye catching title almost put me over the edge. Marketing is by far my greatest challenge as an Indie author.

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?

To remove myself from my emotions. I have a tendency to get my feelings hurt easily, to be too sensitive. I've learned to overlook the negative and replace it with positives. That may sound simple enough but doing this on a day to day basis was a challenge for me but one I did accomplish.

No.7 How did you come up with the title "Hybrid" ?

Ha ha I wish I could say I did! I didn't! I was struggling with the title for weeks. My best friend, Bailey Anderson is the brilliant mind who named my book. She simply said to me "Why not name it Hybrid? One word title sums it all up." I looked at her like she was Gandhi and ran with it.

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?

Every writer or artist will and do experience criticism. It's part of putting yourself, your work out there. For all those negative comments one might receive, the positive feedback always overrides it. I focus on that.

No.9 Why should people read your book?

I truly believe my novel is a great read. I honestly think I have created a story that is unique with familiar ideas that people will be able to relate to. I used ancient alien theories combined with my world travels to create a book that will not only interest the reader but also will excite them and transport them into an unknown journey. For me that is what reading a novel is all about, escaping this world to get lost in another.

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?

Because if there is nothing then what is the point of continuing. I focus on the glass being half full over half empty. If there is nothing, then no one would ever try to be something in this world and that is a sad existence.


 Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with your book! 

Check out "Hybrid" on

Agent Van is assigned to a non disclosed base of secret origin. Here he encounters ancient alien races that have been monitoring earth since it's creation. Van must travel deep into the earth's core to discover the truth about Species X and the hybrid creatures which dwell inside.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment