Thursday 16 July 2015

Nicole Banks.

Today I'd like to welcome Nicole Banks, author of  “Into Pieces” to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro! 

Was born and raised in Queens, NY. I’ve always loved reading and was always a great story teller with an over active imagination. I think I’ve always had either a book or journal in my hand at all times. I’m an animal lover, and coffee addict.I love the warm weather and sunshine. I am miserable when it’s cold. I walk around with my headphones in because I believe everything that happens in my life should have a soundtrack to it. I published my first book Shattered in 2013, the first instalment in the Shattered Hearts Series. Shattered started out as an assignment for a college course I took in John Jay. After I graduated college I went through my old papers and reconnected with the story morphing into so much more then just what I wrote in my college course.


OK - HERE WE GO !!  




No.1  Would you break the law to save a loved one? why? 
Why not? When you love someone, especially if it’s your child or significant other, there is no greater thing in this world. That love can and will propel you to do things you never thought you’d be able to do. So break the law for someone I love? That’d be no problem no questions asked.

No.2  What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is a matter of having  a heartbeat. Truly living is tasting and experiencing what life has to offer. Let me take a quote from my first book: “..Get lost in it. Life is intoxicating if it's lived right. You should never hold anything back. There's entirely too much to explore and experience and taste and touch; and we're never given enough time to do it all.” 
    “...always remember one thing, life is and will always be meant to be lived. Taste it, savor it, consume it and let it consume you. Get lost in it. Life is intoxicating if it's lived right. You should never be afraid of life.” 

No.3  What motivates you to write?  
I just do it because I’ve always done it. I don’t really know if there’s any motivation behind it. I just pick up a pen and doddle. I have an over-active imagination. My mind is constantly running through stories and worst-case scenarios. I’ve written a million movies in my head; sometimes parts of those movies gets written down on paper.

No.4  Why do humans want children? 
No idea because I don’t want them. If I had to guess? The only way we can be immortal and that’s to bare children that will carry your name.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book 'Into Pieces' ? 
My recent work? Writing it. I had started writing it when I finished my first book and I stalled. I hit major writer block and wasn’t able to put anything “good” down for at least a year later. This book was struggle to write in the beginning but seeing the finished product I’m glad I took so long.

No.6  What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?  
Do what makes you happy. Stop worrying about everyone else. You spend so much of your life trying to appease other people you forget to find out and love who you are. That’s what’s important. At the end of the day there’s only room for one in the pine box.

No.7  How did you come up with the title 'Into Pieces' ? 
It’s a play on words on my series. The first book was called Shattered, Vol 1 of the Shattered Hearts Series and “Shattered” “Into Pieces” just flows very nicely.

No.8  How do you handle personal criticism? 
If it’s constructive I listen to it with a grain of salt. If it’s meant to be mean and hurtful, I brush it off. People are going to say what they want about you no matter what you doing so I tend not to care about personal criticism.

No.9  Why should people read your book? 
It’s awesome? Lol. No seriously, it’s a different type of romance. We deal with real life issues and watch every single character deal and grow out of a series of unfortunate events. You get to get inside the main characters heads as well as the supporting characters, which I find brings a certain umph to the story. 

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing? 
Power of positive thinking? LOL. I have no idea. Maybe, it’s because there’s always something happing or going on. I don’t think there’s such a thing as nothing.



Thank you Nicole  :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book!

Check out "Into Pieces" on


Our demons have been let out to destroy us.

We're both drowning, barely holding on. The storm we're caught in was designed just to break us. But I have become her comfort and she has become my anchor. Standing together, we can conquer anything. Join Jasmine and Angel as their story continues in this second instalment in the Shattered Heart Series.

***WARNING:This novel is intended for mature readers only. Novel contains a rape scene. While the content isn’t overly graphic to some, reader discretion is advised.***

2 comments: