Thursday 10 September 2015

Heather Couch.

Today I'd like to welcome Heather Couch, author of 'Reciprocal' to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  

Heather Couch is a ‘Cincinnatian’, but was born a ‘Kentuckian’. She is a city girl with a southern heart. She began writing in fourth grade and has continued to write since. She has self-published one novel and co-wrote another. Heather has a BA in Music Education and is currently getting her MA in School Counseling. When she’s not working, at school, or writing she can be found at a local arts venue or supporting local college sports teams. She also enjoys traveling and being involved in her church.  “Learn from the past, embrace the future, and live in the moment,” is the motto she strives to live by. She has gained strength from Christ, family, and friends to continuously pursue her dreams and hopes to be an inspiration to others. 




OK - HERE WE GO !!  


No.1  Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
Depending upon the loved one, yes I would break the law to save them. Although, I may need to go into hiding because there’s no way I could live the life of Piper in Orange is the New Black. 

No.2  What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
The difference between being alive and living is what you do with your life. Does your life have purpose and meaning? Truly living can be different for every person, but when a person is truly living they think of more than just themselves. They write their lives as one small character in the novel of life. They realize that life is a Monet painting and to truly understand the world one must take a step back and look at the entire picture. 

No.3  What motivates you to write?
Life motivates me to write. I am inspired to write by the things I see, the people I meet, the dreams I have when I’m asleep, and by the nature of writing itself. Writing is very theoretic for me and when I’m not writing fiction I’m journaling. 

No.4  Why do humans want children?
To blame them for everything that goes wrong in their lives, just kidding! I love children and want to have at least two of my own one day. I think humans want children, because it’s a natural instinct to want to nurture. I also think improves the quality of life. You get to share the world with this person that is uniquely yours. 

No.5  What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "Reciprocal" ?
The biggest challenge with creating my book was getting it published. Writing can be the easy part as an author, but the biggest part comes after a manuscript is completed. Getting published is extremely difficult is this competitive market. After that editing is the biggest challenge and finding someone to edit your manuscript if the publisher doesn’t provide it. 

No.6  What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far? 
My personal mantra is learn from the past, embrace the future, and live in the moment. I’ve learned that I’m not in complete control of life and that having patience is extremely hard. If I had learned this sooner…I would still be in the same shape I am today. 

No.7  How did you come up with the title "Reciprocal" ?
Initially the title of my book was Infinity. This was before I decided it should be a trilogy. Then, I did some math research and learned that in order to have an infinite number you must have a reciprocal and a constant. That spawned the idea for the first book’s title. 

No.8  How do you handle personal criticism?
I’ve been a musician since I was five years old. Constructive criticism and personal criticism are part of life. How you choose to take it is up to the individual receiving it. Although it can be really hard to hear criticism, one can always take a neutral or positive aspect away from it. 

No.9  Why should people read your book? 
Reciprocal is a compelling novel about two different races. There’s romance, war, politics, and adventure. The book is about what our current country is facing socially and it captures the past with the present. If you love science fiction, dystopian, or new young adult you’re going to love Reciprocal!

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing? 
Is there really something? Is the chair really a chair? How do we know that something isn’t nothing or that nothing exists? To answer these philosophical questions, one must have a philosophical theory they agree with or a foundation upon which the base the meaning of life. For me, there is something because God exists. I base my philosophy upon core Christian beliefs and that’s how I know there is something. 




Thank you Heather :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 

Check out 'Reciprocal' on



Love knows no limits or boundaries. 

Can we choose who we love? In this new world that the government has created, we aren't free to choose. I have fallen in love with a person from another realm. They are called the Peregrinus and we know virtually nothing about them. There are rebels amongst our people who want destroy us. They want to eliminate the Peregrinus. They feel threatened that they are trying to take over our country like the long ago terrorists. This war brewing isn't unfamiliar to my country and I wonder at what cost it will stop. For me, I long to chose who I can love but it may cost me my life. 

Is love worth the fight?



.

No comments:

Post a Comment