Thursday 1 October 2015

K.C. Gray.

Today I'd like to welcome K.C. Gray, author of “The Outcasts: City in Ruins” to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  

I was born in Hopkinsville, KY. I hold a Master of Fine Arts from Eastern Kentucky University. Currently, I live in a land of fantasy and only poke my head back into reality to share my experiences with others. My inspirations come from ideas & concepts. "Kaleidoscope" is an interesting dystopian story, but at it's heart is what might happen if the Single Consciousness theory was correct and there just wasn't enough to go around. Another concept I enjoy is dimensions. What if there are other worlds that we just cannot see? There are many more concepts I think about, and being able to write fantasy allows me to fully realize different ideas.


OK - HERE WE GO !!  



No.1  Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
Probably not, because I'm not that badass.  I would do what I can under the law, but anything other than that I would not have the appropriate frame of mind to do it.

No.2  What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is going through the daily grind.  Wake up, go to work, eat, and sleep... rinse, wash, and repeat.  Truly living is enjoying just about every moment in life.  Whether pleasure means traveling the world or curling up on a couch with a loved one, doing the things that makes one happy is the way to truly live.

No.3  What motivates you to write?
Reading has always been pleasurable for me.  I was the kid that got in trouble at school for reading in the classroom. Writing is a natural extension of that.  Being able to share my imagination with others and bring them a fraction of the pleasure I've received from writing... for me, that's truly living.  There's nothing more satisfying than completing a manuscript.

No.4  Why do humans want children?
Humans wants children mainly because DNA is chocked full of the stuff that demands we procreate — something about ensuring or species doesn't die out.  But, it could also be because they're adorable little replicas.

No.5  What was the biggest challenge in creating your book “The Outcasts: City in Ruins” ?
There are a lot of different elements within my novel, and making sure that I explained enough of those elements for the audience was definitely a challenge.  The book originally had breadcrumbs that very few Beta Readers picked up on, so I edited until the links were more visible but not too obvious.

No.6  What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far? 
I have learned that not everything is for everyone.  Growing up and being told who I should be or how I should act has taught me to live and let live. 

No.7  How did you come up with the title “The Outcasts: City in Ruins” ?
I think the main title of my novel is pretty straight-forward.  City in Ruins was chosen as a subtitle because it's the location where the main character has her life changed forever.

No.8  How do you handle personal criticism?
I handle creative criticism pretty well.  When people critique my work, they give their opinion and then focus on their own books.  For personal criticism (which I take means criticism about myself), I don't take that very well.  Mainly because people are not willing to just speak their mind and leave it.  They tend to bring it up over and over and then assume that refusal to adapt to their way of life is due a lack of intelligence. When it comes to my novel, let me have the criticism! I welcome it because some times things are brought to my attention that I'd never thought about before, and I'm aware that there is no single work of art that appeals to all people.

No.9  Why should people read your book? 
Pure entertainment!  I do love exploring theories and providing a deeper message for the audience to contemplate, but this novel is more about the experience and the characters.  I hope readers enjoy what I have created.

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
Very interesting question.  If there were nothing, would people be aware of something?  I guess I believe that because we are here to observe things, there has to be something.




Thank you by Miss Gray  :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 

Check out “The Outcasts: City in Ruins” on



When fifteen-year-old Sophia Goodman meets Billy Carter and touches his hand, her very essence hums with pleasure.


Sophia is so addicted to his touch she ignores Billy's strange behavior.


It's obvious he's hiding something, but by the time she realizes Billy isn't as he seems, she finds herself thrust into a world filled with magic and mythological creatures.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment