Thursday 11 February 2016

Sonia Farnsworth.

Today, I'd like to welcome Sonia Farnsworth, author of “Losing The Plot In LA” to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  


Sonia was born and raised in Southern California, living most of her life in Hollywood. Her mother was French, so as a result, her summers were happily spent traveling between Paris and Cannes. She eventually developed a love for all things European and returned to live in London as a young adult. "Losing the plot Plot in LA" is Sonia's first novel. She currently lives by the sea in San Clemente, California with her rescue dog, Holly, and is working on her second novel.






OK - HERE WE GO !!  



No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
That is a brilliant question…no I’m quite sure I wouldn’t. Life is too precious and I would hate to end up living in a cold cell due to someone else’s bad decisions. That being said I know it wouldn’t be an easy decision to make. 

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Truly living is an amazing experience full of passion, curiosity and love. Many choose to merely exist doing the same things over and over, wasting their lives sitting in front of the idiot box watching hours of TV oblivious to the real world around them. Existing to me is not living, it’s alive as the body is functioning but the mind is dead. It’s not for me to judge which is best for others because if that’s what makes someone happy, then it’s all good. Personally I want to “truly live!” 

No.3 What motivates you to write?
Good segue… life….reality and people inspire me. As the cliché goes, life is stranger than fiction so it gives me a lot of inspiration. I can sit for hours watching people and making up stories about them, or taking my real life situations and embellishing them mixing in other people’s craziness. That being said piecing it all together into a full blow book is another story, that’s where the challenge comes in, but I love it!

No.4 Why do humans want children?
Procreating is human nature; couples in love want to create a child with elements of each other as a token of their love to hopefully create an even stronger bond. I feel that humans believe that having a child either biologically or adopting, will bring joy into their life and take the relationship to another level of love and commitment creating a family.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "Losing The Plot In LA" ?
Editing it 20 years later! I’m not the same person I was when I wrote this book so it was very hard to edit, actually annoying at times. At one point I wanted to ditch the book entirely but I was not about to waste all the hard work and time I put into it so I carried on. After 3 months of non-stop editing and cutting out over 150 pages it was finished! Editing in general is difficult as it is so hard to know when to stop. One can get caught up in editing mania and never stop!

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
That’s a great question; I’ve learned to take responsibility for my behavior and how to communicate effectively. Work in progress, learning how to communicate my wants, needs and expectations because people can’t read our minds…heck I always thought they could… Lastly don’t jump to conclusions and assumptions because generally they aren’t true and it just leads to undo pain. Sorry you said “the most important thing” but I can’t come up with just one for heaven’s sake! 

No.7 How did you come up with the title "Losing The Plot In LA" ?
I lived in London for a bit and the term “Losing the Plot” is used quite often. It basically means someone has “lost it” or lost their marbles so to speak. Ever since then it’s been a phrase I use all the time, probably way too much, so it was logical to use it as the title of my book. My publisher suggested adding the “in LA” because the book is based in Los Angeles/Hollywood so it has a regional pull. It’s all about marketing baby!

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?
Much better now that I’ve written a book, I had to toughen up! Reviews can be rough. Being criticized personally never feels good but I actually want to hear criticism so I can learn from it and change. It’s helped me in my personal and professional life when a friend, lover, or boss feels confident enough to let me know when I’m doing something that they feel is a valid critique. I always want to grow and improve myself when and where I can.

No.9 Why should people read your book?
It’s a fun, entertaining, easy read everyone can relate to. Who hasn’t been in the situation looking for love, imperfect relationships, heartbreak, and trying to find the “one”, all while trying to negotiate the craziness of life? Throw in living in la la land and it’s even more entertaining and wacky. I was very surprised when I was reading reviews from men and how they love my book because they could totally relate and enjoyed that it was a hilarious and easy read. I’m sure the sex scenes helped!

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
Something came from nothing so there can’t be something if there is nothing. There is nothing and then we make something from it and then something gives us something to go on and expand to amazing depths!



Thank you Sonia  :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 
Check out “Losing The Plot In LA” on



Sylvie is a trendy,  LA party girl with more going on than she knows what to do with. Between apartment hunting, insane friends, a rapidly growing puppy, and one too many boys to juggle, she's just trying to catch her breath. Will the craziness overwhelm her, or will she find a better path to move forward? Draw a bath, pour some bubbly, and join her as she tries not to Lose the Plot.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment