Thursday 13 June 2013

Tony Miller's "I'll See You In Your Dreams"

 
Today I'd like welcome Tony Miller , author of "I'll See You In Your Dreams" to the Thursday interview. Before we get started, intro please!!

 
 

Tony Miller started the pursuit of his dreams in Ft. Worth, Texas at the age of 17. He moved to California when he was 21. He dreamed of styling the hair of celebrities and owning his own successful business. He made those impossible dreams come true. After owning a hair salon for over 25 years he sold it, which freed him up to create beauty and listen to his many clients’ points of view, which he still does to this day. Tony enjoys writing about these points of view and how they overcame the obstacles to their dreams.

Tony is currently writing the sequel to "I'll See You In Your Dreams".
The working title is "Dream Sleuth."
 
 
 
 

OK - Here goes!
 

No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
 
 Of course. Laws are after all a way to protect people from harm while they live their lives. So if breaking the law fulfills the purpose of law-saving someone from harm - then not breaking the law to save someone from harm…should be against the law.
 
No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
 
Having a purpose and pursuing that purpose. There are rewards in pursuant to that goal, as we travel through all the slings and arrows of life towards those magical moments. It should be noted that some sort of scoreboard makes all games including life more interesting. How long would you watch football if there were no scores for each side? That is why I appreciate the number of readers and my ranking on Amazon. My readers help me achieve my goal and make me happier. High book sales breathe life into an author.
 
No.3 What motivates you to write?
 
 To share some almost unbelievable facts of history while taking the reader on a journey into another life. Why live one life when you can live many lives through reading.
 
No.4 Why do human's want children?
 
Social people have a very strong instinct to create and ‘love’ and ‘creation’ are on the same side of the page in the dichotomy of words. Antisocial people are destructive, irresponsible and view as children punishment for sexual pleasure.
 
No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "I'll See You In Your Dreams" ?
 
I want the historical facts to be accurate and the characters to be real. The tremendous amount of research required to achieve that goal is enormous, about five hours per page.
 
No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
 
 That truth, kindness and creativity prevails over the lies, cruelty and evil (compulsive destruction) eventually.
 
No.7 How did you come up with the title "I’ll See You In Your Dreams" ?
 
It refers to the oldest known recorded wisdom of the Australian aboriginals. When answering the question of what preceded the physical universe they wrote ‘Alchera’, which means ‘The Dreamtime.’ I compared that to the wisdom of physics and the ‘parallel universe.’ Life is composed of the physical universe and our dreams. The strange thing is that the physical universe was created in the dream or thought universe if physics and religion have any merit. If you ask the question "What existed right before the ‘Big Bang’ or Gods command ‘Let there be light.’ The same answer – ‘nothing.’ So science and religion agree at the starting point.
I have two questions for science and religion. Science: Since ‘space’ was created by the ‘Big Bang,’ what did the ‘Big Bang’ go bang IN? Religion: If God said "Let there be light" the word ‘let’ is a request or command, so WHO was he talking to?
The answer I discovered - by the tremendous research - while writing my novel was the biggest epiphany (realization) of my life. I am certain it is correct, and validates both science and religion, which I have always thought are two sides of the same coin in the search for ‘truth.’ I have always heard that the truth is ultimately simple. It sets you free and I couldn’t agree more.
I am going to have one of the main characters reveal my epiphany in the sequel I’m writing, "Dream Sleuth."
 
No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?
 
 It hurts sometimes but the ability to face up to the ‘dark side’ is the price one pays to live in the lighter side of life.
 
No.9 Why should people read your book?
 
 To be entertained and to be made aware of some little known facts of history. In the research on my current novel I discovered that Hitler was a street artist before becoming the ‘Fuhrer’ and even more unknown was that his motivation to be the leader of Germany was the result of a hypnotic command at Pacewood Military hospital in Berlin. http://www.dredmundforster.info/hilter-in-pasewalk Interesting stuff and a novelists dream. What really happened to Hoffa? What really caused the Witch Hunts? Is our society still capable of hysterical mob rule?
 
 
No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
 
What is the opposite of ‘something?’ It would be ‘nothing’ right? So, what is that ‘nothing’ which spewed forth the ‘something’ which is the physical universe? I know…and that ‘nothing’ is the sole reason for the existence of ‘something.’
Does all this sound too complicated? Nope, it is too simple.
 

Thank you Tony for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with this wonderfull book!


Check out his new book "I'll See You In Your Dreams." on
 
 


Above all else Charles Johnson is determined to be with the one he loves. The only problem is—she died in 1970—long before he was born. Love is a powerful force, but can it conquer space and time?

 


2 comments:

  1. Talk about "out of the box." Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to understand - there is no box

    ReplyDelete