Thursday 19 June 2014

James Gordon, author of "Hi, My Name Is Bobo"

Today I'd like welcome  James Gordon, author of "Hi, My Name Is Bobo" to the Thursday interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!

James Gordon has written one book of children's Poetry, Hi, My Name is Bobo. As G.P.A. (Greatest Poet Alive), he is the author of four books of Poetry (The Confessional Heart of a Man, The Book of 24 Orgasms, The Mind of a Poetic Unsub & Revenge of the Orgasm). He is the winner of the Moth Storytelling Slam, Poetry Pentathlon, and Black Essence Award, as well as having been nominate Poet of the Year for three years and Book of the Year twice. Currently, G.P.A. has added acting to his resume with two movies (Persian Version and Animals) and television shows (Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, and Mind Games). G.P.A. proudly claims Chicago as his home.


OK - HERE WE GO !!  


No.1  Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
Hell Yeah. The man made laws mean absolutely nothing compared to the unity and loyalty i have for my family.

No.2  What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Everyone is alive that isn't dead. (Simple I know.) Truly living is exhilarating. It is what i feel when I'm writing, performing poetry, or telling a story. There is no feeling like that. It feels like freedom, worrying about nothing at all.

No.3  What motivates you to write?
To be the best ever and touch as many people as possible

No.4  Why do humans want children?
Children allow parents "do overs"on things they didn't get done.

No.5  What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "Hi, My Name is Bobo" ?
In writing, Hi MY Name is Bobo, i had to forget the sensual way of writing i had done in Revenge of the Orgasm. Then, i had to go against not promoting the book like i do with all my works, but instead, i wanted to do like Beyonce and just bring it out.

No.6  What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
The only person that can stop me is me, and I don't want to.

No.7  How did you come up with the title "Hi, My Name is Bobo" ?
I figured since this is the first book in a series, Hi My Name is Bobo made sense.

No.8  How do you handle personal criticism?
Pretty well, so long as it is constructive and depending on the source. Ha Ha!

No.9  Why should people read your book?
If you are tired of the bang bang shoot em up, drug dealers and crackheads, etc, or if you have children that you'd like to read good, wholesome literature, then "Hi, MY Name is Bobo is your book

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
Because nothing is nothing.




Thanks  James  for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with your new book!


Check out his new book "Hi, My Name Is Bobo" on



Sometimes a weekend can seem like a lifetime to a growing child. He may experience like, fear, anticipation, and other emotions without smooth transition or even realizing it. This is the life of Bobo, a fifth grader, who loves his family, the Superfriends, and chocolate milk. As he introduces himself, get to know him, and you will absolutely love him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment