Thursday 28 August 2014

Saranna De Wylde, author of "Fat"

Today I'd like welcome Saranna De Wylde, author of  "Fat" to the Thursday interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!

Saranna De Wylde has always been fascinated by things better left in the dark. She wrote her first story after watching The Exorcist at a slumber party. Since then, she's published horror, romance and narrative nonfiction. Like all writers, Saranna has held a variety of jobs, from operations supervisor for an airline, to an assistant for a call girl, to a corrections officer. But like Hemingway said, "Once writing has become your major vice and greatest pleasure, only death can stop it." So she traded in her cuffs for a full-time keyboard. She loves to hear from her readers.

OK - HERE WE GO !!  

No.1  Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?

Yes. I would do anything to save someone I loved. There is nothing written anywhere that’s worth more to me than the life of someone I love. Even a law.

No.2  What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

Being alive is existence and truly living is wringing all the experiences and sensations you can out of the time you’ve been given.

No.3  What motivates you to write?

I don’t really have a choice. The voices in my head have turned me into a kind of cosmic secretary. It’s like these things have happened and I just write them down. 

No.4  Why do humans want children?

Do you want the science answer? We’re programmed to reproduce for the survival of the species. Personally? I have no idea. I love mine, but they weren’t planned. 

No.5  What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "Fat" ?

The story was there inside already. The biggest challenge was unleashing it on the world because the heroine has this track in her head that’s so much like the one in mine. 

No.6  What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far? 

That no matter how far you’ve fallen or how dark you think it is, it’s never too far and never too dark. Eventually, you’ll find your way back to the light if you want it. 

No.7  How did you come up with the title "Fat" ?

The series is about labels and fat is label like so many others. 

No.8  How do you handle personal criticism?

It depends on who it’s from. If it’s coming from a trusted source, I evaluate it and see if there’s anything I can learn from it. If it’s coming from someone who’s not in my inner circle, I’ve got an outer layer like the space shuttle.

No.9  Why should people read your book? 

To walk a mile in someone else’s shoes, or maybe to see that someone else has already walked a mile in theirs. I think it’s always a worthy prospect to see someone fall in love with themselves. 

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?

Because I’m the Amazon Goddess of Doom and I said so.  I got that nickname in prison, by the way. No, I wasn’t behind the bars. I was on the other side with the keys. 




Thanks Saranna for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with your new book! 


Check out her new book "FAT" on




“You’re pretty, for a fat girl.” 

That’s nothing Claire Howard hasn’t heard before, and there’s part of her that doesn’t care, that thinks it’s okay to love herself just the way she is. Then there’s that other voice in her head, the one that plays on a constant loop that gets louder whenever people scrutinize her dinner order, snicker when she needs a belt extender on a plane, and outright laugh when they see her with her the kind of man they don’t think fat girls deserve. It reminds her that existing while fat is the worst thing in the world. It’s worse than being ignorant, bigoted or cruel—at least according to society’s standards. Even when she has the attentions of two men who are the embodiment of fantasy. 

But it’s not their love that matters, it’s her own. Fat is a brand that’s been seared into every aspect of her life—even her heart. Can Claire love herself enough to reach past the labels for her own happiness?






.

No comments:

Post a Comment