Thursday 16 October 2014

Charles Carfagno Jr, author of "A Demon’s Quest: The Beginning of the End"

Today I'd like welcome Charles Carfagno Jr, author of  "A Demon’s Quest: The Beginning of the End" to the Thursday interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!

Charles Carfagno Jr. is a native of Pennsylvania. He's been writing since 2003 and currently writes on nights and weekends in addition to his successful day job in the IT field. A Demon's Quest is his first book. He is really excited to share his writing with the world and would love to hear from and interact with other authors and readers.

OK - HERE WE GO !!  

Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?

Twenty years ago, maybe if it was a small one, but today no. I think people, whether family or friends should never put you it that situation.

What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

I feel being alive is just going through the motions. Day in and day out you go to work, come home, and restart. It’s sad to think your life is spent that way without any enjoyment. Truly living, is the state of enjoying your life with balance. You should always strive to do something that brings you fulfillment.

What motivates you to write?

The sense of adventure does it for me. I used to play Dungeon and Dragons a lot when I was a teenager and had fun creating quests filled with danger and rewards. Music gets me going as well. I can listen to a song and then a scene for my story begins to take shape.

Why do humans want children?
I don’t have any, but I think people in general want a part of themselves to live on.

What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "A Demon’s Quest: The Beginning of the End" ?

For me, the biggest challenge is when I’m right in the middle of scene and suddenly can’t make it flow. It’s a bit frustrating, but I know it is part of the process.

What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far? Failures are a part of life, happiness is fleeting, and you should always keep things in perspective.

How did you come up with the title "A Demon’s Quest: The Beginning of the End" ? The title “A Demon’s Quest: The Beginning of the End” was the hardest thing to come up with. I remember struggling to summarize the story into one title, until my sister talked me through the overall plot. I was thinking on a smaller scale, when in reality, the bigger picture is about demons taking over the world and not the heroes saving it.

How do you handle personal criticism?

When you spend years creating something and then put it out there for the public, it’s tough. I wrote the book for myself, so it helped keeping things in perspective even if it failed. Thankfully at the beginning, I received positive reviews from my editor, friends, and family, which gave me hope the story was good.

Why should people read your book?

If you love a good old fashion adventure and great fight scenes, you’ll enjoy the book. I’m a practitioner of Western Martial Arts and wanted the fighting to be as real as possible.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

I’ll ask God when I meet him.




 Thanks Charles for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with your new book! 

Check out his new book 
"A Demon’s Quest: The Beginning of the End" on




In a world where monsters are running rampant, demons are emerging from the underworld to stake their claim and distinguishing friend from foe is nearly impossible. A few brave humans will embark on a quest to save their home. Some will volunteer for the cause, while others will be forced into it. Accused of crimes he didn't commit, Torhan is manipulated into joining the fight while proving his innocence. On a journey where danger waits at every turn, Torhan must rely not only on his skill with a blade, but will need to utilize every ounce of his resourcefulness if he is to survive long enough to clear his name.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment