Thursday 12 March 2015

Jackie Mae.

Today I'd like to welcome Jackie Mae, author of  “The Key: A Taylor and Alan Adventure” to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  


I have a B.S. from University of Maryland, University College (UMUC). I write edgy, adult suspense/thriller/sci-fi, romance, and children's chapter books. My CHILDREN CHAPTER BOOK Series, A Taylor and Alan Adventure, co-authored with my granddaughter, are thrilling tales. With rich history lessons weaved into the story, along with instilling the concept of being mindful and respectful of the environment, this series delivers. 




OK - HERE WE GO !!  


No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?

No/Yes Sounds like a flip/flop but wait…If a loved one stole from a department store, then, no, of course I would not support that; but, if a loved one was arrested for participating in a rally he felt compelled to support, then I would post bail.

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

Ah…Big difference. Alive is when you are put on this earth only to seek advantage, use and abuse, and are driven by your own goals. Truly living is that mixed up, messed up way of living and growing spiritually on your journey. That means making mistakes along the way but learning from said mistakes; helping others in their paths as well. My fictional characters are just as diverse, with the users, takers, and givers.

No.3 What motivates you to write?

My passion is to inspire and empower folks both young and old. My wish is that my readership will take a more critical look at the world at large and choose to make their communities stronger; hug their children, and be respectful of Mother Nature.

No.4 Why do humans want children?

Just as animals are driven to reproduce and further their particular bloodline, we too, are driven by those instincts. However, as the superior, top-rung species, we have learned that supplying food and resources to the world population has limits. My wish, that we end world hungry is obtainable if we work together.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "The Key: A Taylor and Alan Adventure" ?

Reining in all our ideas; between the two us, we have quite the imagination. When some of those characters are put on the editing room floor, because we can’t have a 1.000 page chapter book, Alison sneaks in and puts them in a safe place so we can use them in another forthcoming book. Collaborating with my young granddaughter was so rewarding. I thought I would be teaching her, but I soon found out she would be teaching me a great deal.

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?

That kindness is one of the most important building blocks. Kindness helps people, leads to respect, opens doors, it can even heal the soul. I practice kindness every day. I let people go in front of me in the check-out line if they have a crying baby. Or, perhaps the person in front of me doesn’t have enough change; I offer to pay it. I always ask the person to pass it forward if they really want to repay the favor.

No.7 How did you come up with the title "The Key: A Taylor and Alan Adventure" ?

That’s an easy question. My granddaughter is in charge of that.

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?

Like most other people it does have an effect on me. However, I choose to take criticism with a grain of salt. In most cases, the criticism is meant to be a positive comment to help me grow as an individual; I must respect that.

No.9 Why should people read your book?

Our book, written from the unique perspective of a child, is just what parents are looking for. They want their children to love reading. To capture a child’s attention it has to grab them, thus the ‘thrilling’ aspect; then, with their attention is well in hand, they are taught history and respect for the environment. Hopefully, long after they close the book, the message will be firmly planted.

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?

Because we value something as opposed to nothing far more. 



Thanks Jackie for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with the new book! 


Check out  “The Key: A Taylor and Alan Adventure" on


Faction meets Fiction in this thrilling new tale. Meet Taylor and Alan a sister/brother duo, as they embark on their latest mission. It all starts at Big John's Mall, where they cheerfully wait to see the newest sequel that everyone is talking about. But outside forces will take Taylor and Alan to a different land where their special talents are needed. Can Taylor and Alan help the good people of the Land of Baltimore? The catacombs hold secrets that Taylor and Alan need to discover. Can they find the Chest of Treasures and outsmart Jalabar? Will they find their way back home? This story weaves rich history into this thrilling tale while instilling the concept of being mindful and respect of the environment.

A portion of the proceeds goes to support the Caitlyn Dunbar Nature Center to help support Girl Scouts of Central Maryland. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment