Thursday 17 September 2015

Taylor Fenner.

Today I'd like to welcome Taylor Fenner, author of 'Finding Elizabeth' to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  

Taylor Fenner grew up in a small town in Wisconsin. She's been an avid reader with a vivid imagination since she was very young. Most of her childhood can be described as having her nose stuck in one book or another. She's a strong believer in ghosts and the paranormal, which led to her interest in writing paranormal romance. When she's not busy writing you can find her reading and adding to her extensive book collection, working on photomanipulations on her computer, taking photographs, cooking as often as possible, and fighting with her cross-eyed cat, Tiger. Taylor still currently lives in Wisconsin, not far from where her début novel The Haunting Love is set. 



OK - HERE WE GO !!  


No.1  Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
It would have to be extremely special circumstances, like if someone I loved was charged with murder and I knew they didn’t do it. The kind of stuff you see in Lifetime movies; where the heroine breaks into someone’s files to get evidence to save themselves or their loved ones.  Otherwise I’m not really sure. I’ve never been put in that kind of situation and I don’t think you could really know what you’d do unless you were.

No.2  What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive simply means that you’re breathing, that you have a pulse, and vital signs. Truly living means that you’re doing something with your life other than just sitting around watching time pass. Some people spend their whole lives working at a dead end job that they hate going through day after day doing the exact same thing. I always feel sorry for people like that. You get to wondering if they had a chance to do anything with their lives what would they do. People that choose to truly live their lives aren’t afraid of rejection or that their plans might not always work out… they get out and live in the moment. 

No.3  What motivates you to write?
I believe that I have a lot of stories that deserve to be told to people all over the world. It makes me feel better if a reader can pick up one of my books and relate to the story or the characters and realize that they’re not alone. Other people know exactly how they feel. Writing also helps me to sort out the things going on in my head. I can spill it out onto paper and hopefully make a little more sense of my thoughts. 

No.4  Why do humans want children?
I really have no idea. I’m twenty-three so a majority of the time when people I know decide to have children it’s not for the right reason. I think some people have children because they want someone to love them unconditionally; maybe they feel that they’ve been lacking love in their lives. I think other times people want children because they think it will tie their lover to them and either make them want to “do the right thing” and get married or keep that person from leaving them. I also think people sometimes want children because they see everyone else around them settling down and having a family and they think that’s what they should be doing too. 

No.5  What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "Finding Elizabeth"?
I got about halfway through writing Finding Elizabeth and then I got a little lost. I knew how I wanted the novel to end but I got stuck on how to get there. A lot of rewriting was involved but once I straightened out my storyline everything went smoothly.

No.6  What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far? 
I’ve learned to never give up. When I first decided I wanted my novels to be published and began sending my first novel to publishers and literary agents rejection was a big scary concept. With each rejection letter I felt devastated, like “I must really suck at this”. But I decided to keep going and keep pushing. Through that I’ve also learned that sometimes the traditional route isn’t the way to go and sometimes you have to make your own way.

No.7  How did you come up with the title "Finding Elizabeth"?
My male main character Nate loses the love of his life tragically during the French Revolution. By some twist of fate – or magic – he reincarnates more than two hundred years later with the sole purpose of finding his lost love Elizabeth and changing their fate; hence “Finding Elizabeth”. 

No.8  How do you handle personal criticism?
If it’s criticism of me as a person I don’t really give it much thought. People have always praised me on the fact that I don’t seem to care what people think of me, and I really don’t. I can’t make people like me or the way I look or act if they don’t want to. If it’s a criticism of my writing style or my books and it’s given constructively I try to listen and think about how I can improve the next time around. I believe that every day that I write I’m better than I was the day before. 

No.9  Why should people read your book? 
Finding Elizabeth isn’t your typical YA Paranormal Romance. It’s something different that hopefully will be refreshing to readers.  The novel is filled with realistic, relate-able characters that prove that you don’t have to be a slim, blonde cheerleader type to be the heroine of the story. Plus with a plot filled with vengeful ghosts, witches, reincarnation, and a sexy but psychotic mob prince how could you go wrong? 

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
I guess it’s better to look at life with a positive outlook than a negative outlook. If you look at life thinking “I don’t have anything, my life sucks” you’ll continue thinking that way and nothing good will ever come to you. If you look at life thinking “well my life may not be perfect but I do have this…” then I believe good will eventually come to you. It’s like the Wiccan Three-fold Law; what you send out comes back to you. 




Thank you Taylor :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 

Check out 'Finding Elizabeth' on



When eighteen-year-old Nate meets Elizabeth by chance during the height of the French Revolution he has no idea that his entire life is about to change. 

Two hundred years later Elizabeth has no memory of their past life together until she begins being tormented by vivid dreams. Soon they both becomes swept up in the past and each other. Their happiness is once more threatened by Elizabeth’s mobster ex-boyfriend. They must stick together to overcome the obstacles trying to rip them apart with the help of Elizabeth’s friends.


Finding her is the easy part, 
but keeping her is a whole other story. 




.

No comments:

Post a Comment