Thursday 12 November 2015

Corinna Underwood.

Today I'd like to welcome Corinna Underwood, author of “A Walk On The Darkside” to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  


Corinna Underwood was born and raised in Stoke-on-Trent, England. She has made her home in the United States for fifteen years. Corinna has been a published author for almost two decades. Her short fiction and poetry have appeared in magazines including PIF, Thunder Sandwich, Dreamspace, Lexicon, Conspire, Art Imitating Life, Virginia Adversaria, Up the Staircase, Indieoma, Suspense and Noir Nation. When she’s not writing, you’ll find her sowing seeds of imagination in secret places. 




OK - HERE WE GO !!  



No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
Yes I most definitely would. An important part of loving someone is being able to protect them. I would break the law to save a loved one if it was a matter of life and death. If my loved one’s life was in immediate danger from and assailant, I would kill to save their life. Not that I think that killing is often justifiable, but in this context I know that my instincts would kick in and I would act accordingly, without thought of the consequences. I’d like to think that my loved ones, any maybe even a few fans, would do the same for me under the same circumstances. If I lived in a different culture, under a more oppressive regime, I am sure that there are other laws I would break to protect my loved ones.

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Simple: being alive = taking up space, functioning on a most basic level, truly living = being mindful of yourself in the moment, acknowledging the wonder of the world we live in and being responsible for it, adopting an ethical lifestyle which is mindful of others.

No.3 What motivates you to write?
I want my readers to get the same joy I get from reading when they read my books. Sometimes I really am not motivated to write, but then I have to anyway because I’m a writing junkie and I feel dreadful if I don’t get my fix.

No.4 Why do humans want children?
To pass on tradition and experience and to continue to take care of our world. Oh, and to take care of us when we are old and infirm.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book A Walk On The Darkside?
The biggest challenge was finishing it. When I begin writing a new book, I seldom know how it’s going to end until I get there. This can be pretty daunting, but I try to put my trust in my characters and let them show me the way.

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
You can’t grow old gracefully. Seriously though, that it’s important to make the most of every moment you can because as you mature time becomes increasingly fleeting, relative to the proximity of mortality.

No.7 How did you come up with the title "A Walk On The Darkside." ?
My main characters all work for a paranormal/fringe magazine called Darkside. It seemed a logical step to include it in the book’s title as it is such an integral part of the storyline. The sequel is titled “Beyond The Darkside.”

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?
I will take it on board if it’s fair and constructive. If it’s just a matter of hostility then I have no time for it. You can say what you like about me, but I don’t have to listen.

No.9 Why should people read your book?
1. Because it’s a great read. 2. Because it questions something on the edge of many people’s minds: how do we explain experienced which extends beyond “the normal?” 3. Because I love readers’ feedback.

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
I do not believe that “nothing” has ever existed.




Thank you Corinna  :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 

Check out “A Walk On The Darkside” on



Pearl Blackthorn is a novelist and investigative reporter for Darkside paranormal magazine. 

Armed with her digital recorder and accompanied by her friend and photographer Harry Raymond, Pearl is sent by her editor J.J Benson - affectionately known as Benny - to the four corners of Great Britain, (and sometimes further), to investigate stories of spirits and specters, demons, prophecy and possession. The problem is, Pearl doesn’t believe in the supernatural; her creative imagination is tempered by a strong skepticism. She is immovable on her stand that there is always a simple, rational explanation behind every report of paranormal activity. But Pearl soon realizes that the intricacies of paranormal events are often far from simple and not always rational. 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment