Thursday 23 June 2016

Jenna Whittaker.

Today, I'd like to welcome Jenna Whittaker, author of “Dreamscape” to The Thursday Interview. Before we get started, a quick intro!  

My name is Jenna Whittaker and I am an Australian author who has been writing fantasy, science fiction, and horror novels for as long as I can remember! I have self-published 2 novels--1 science fiction and 1 fantasy, have finished the first draft of a 3rd, a dystopian fantasy (to edit and then publish later this year) and finally am currently writing the first draft of a 4th, another fantasy, about half-way done.



OK - HERE WE GO !!  

No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one?
It would depend on the situation and the law being broken…But usually, yes, a loved one is most certainly of more concern to me than not stealing, or similar. I would be far less likely to commit murder for a loved one but even then, if it were to save their life (if they were kidnapped by a serial killer, for instance) then I would try.

No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is just going through the motions, not even thinking for yourself. Go to school, get a job, get married, have kids, retire. Truly living involves doing the things you love, loving people and helping them, and altogether thinking outside of the box!

No.3 What motivates you to write?
The fact that I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I didn’t! I come up with stories all of the time, all of my life…whether in the written form, as daydreams, etc. If I didn’t write them down, they’d all be swimming around in my head and probably drive me mad!

No.4 Why do humans want children?
Interesting question. Because all animals have the base instinct to reproduce, and we are, at our most basic level, animals. Hormones and instinct and the desire to love and be loved.

No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating "Dreamscape" ?
Definitely the editing phase. I can get the ideas down, write them into a narrative with character development, conflict, etc. The part where I make it all make sense, get rid of plot holes, and EDIT…that’s the hardest part, mainly because it’s far less enjoyable!

No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
That other people’s opinions do not matter. They do, in a way, but in the end, you have to do what’s right for you instead of living to please other people. No matter how hard you try you cannot control most of what goes on in your life. You just have to work around the obstacles and hopefully use those obstacles as life lessons and even personal triumphs. 

No.7 How did you come up with the title "Dreamscape" ?
It was just the word I thought of to describe the alternate dimension where the gods reside in my novel. It came to me as I was writing, and as the story revolves around the gods there and the character having to travel there in a moment of conflict, it seemed fitting.

No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?
Not as well as I should! It hurts, but I try to take it and use it to improve. No one person is correct or perfect, but I respect everyones views regardless of who they are. Not as well as I should! It hurts, but I try to take it and use it to improve.

No.9 Why should people read your book?
Because it’s awesome! It’s a really interesting read; I’ve had multiple people tell me (and not all friends and family), and it’d mean the world to me to see others read and enjoy the fruits of my hard work.

No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
Because there is something. If there wasn’t, there’d be nothing, but there isn’t. Something exists BECAUSE it exists and there’s no other alternative. Nothingness exists elsewhere. Then again, if we were nothing, how would we even think?



Thank you Jenna :)
For taking the time to answer my questions 
& the best of luck with your new book! 
Check out “Dreamscape” on



Khalos had powers he didn’t even realise, and when they awakened, they destroyed his world. After a fire, started from his rage, burned down his childhood home, Khalos’ innocence died in the ashes. He began a long journey to a city where he may be safe—and others may be safe from him--meeting up with a woman who worked with dark forces from the future. 

As the world is plunged into turmoil, Khalos and his link to the dreamscape is fought over by every side. Does he allow the machine from the future to awaken those in the realm of the dead? Does he follow the mystical Sisters and their quest to destroy the machine? And what about Ianthe, his wife and hidden servant of the machine and its worshippers? 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment