Thursday 4 April 2013

Welcome Rachel Hanna to "The Thursday Interview"

 
Today I'd like welcome Rachel Hanna, author of "The One For Me" to the Thursday interview. Before we get started, tell us a little about yourself.
 
Rachel Hanna is a best-selling author of romance novellas and novels. She lives outside of Atlanta with her husband, three cool kids, two crazy dogs and one very snooty outdoor cat. She loves to write, read, spend time with family and embarrass her kids as much as possible. She also LOVES to connect with her readers through various social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter, so be sure to check out her website for ways to connect!
 
 
 
 
OK - Here goes!

 
 
No.1 Would you break the law to save a loved one? .. why?
 
It depends on the situation. If it was someone very close to me, I would go to the ends of the earth to save them.


No.2 What is the difference between being alive and truely living?
 
Being alive is simply having a pulse. Truly living is doing that you love every day and being with people who love you. Life is too short to do things you hate each day. To truly live means to get outside of your box and live a life of service to others and yourself.


No.3 What motivates you to write?
 
The stories demand to be told and the characters want their stories to be heard. I have to write in order to live. I love telling stories and making my readers feel a variety of emotions.


No.4 Why do human's want children?
 
 I think for a couple of reasons. For one, we want to keep our genetics going. We want to leave a part of ourselves behind when we die. We want to know that someone will be there to love us when we get old. Having children means the possibility that your love will be multiplied and returned to you.


No.5 What was the biggest challenge in creating your book "The One For Me"?

I guess my biggest challenge was starting off a new series. Each of these characters is brand new, and it will be at least a 5 book series, so this is the foundation where I explain some of the dynamics of the family, for instance. It's nice to have that clean slate, but it is also very important to keep up with the information properly so that each book makes sense and matches the others.


No.6 What is the most important thing you have learned in life so far?
 
To be myself and go for my dreams. Living for someone else's dreams doesn't work. I've learned that some people will love me and some will hate me, and I am okay either way. Being true to myself is far more important than trying to fit into someone's mold for what they want me to be.


No.7 How did you come up with the title "The One For Me"?
 
This book is all about two people finding their way back to each other through a strange series of events, so I named it "The One For Me" because both of them had really always known that they were meant for each other.
 
 
No.8 How do you handle personal criticism?
 
 It can be hard especially if it is coming from a close relative or friend. Sometimes even anonymous reviews can hurt but then I remember that even the world's best authors get negative reviews from time to time. I also look for constructive criticism and use it when I can. But, I never change for anyone because it is my personal style of writing that appeals to my true readers!


No.9 Why should people read your book?
 
All of my books are full of realistic characters that readers can relate to. They have flaws and problems and situations that feel like real life. My loyal readers know that my books are entertaining, realistic and emotion packed. I try to make sure that each book has a story that tugs at the heart strings and allows you to see some of yourself in the characters.
 
 
No.10 Why is there something rather than nothing?
 
Because without something, what is life worth? We need something to focus on, strive for, love, live for and even die for. Nothing is worth just that - nothing. I believe in God, and I believe that he gave is something to pursue throughout our lives, our purpose. Each of us has to find that purpose and spend our lives seeking it.
 
 
 
 

Thank you Rachel for taking the time to answer my questions & the best of luck with this wonderfull book!




Check out her new book "The One For Me" on



 
In the first book of the January Cove series, Kyle Parker has just started his real estate investment business and is doing well. Unattached and not interested in falling in love, he dives head first into his business in the small coastal Georgia town.

Jenna Davis's life has come to a screeching halt. After making the worst decision on her life during college, she now finds herself a single mother about to lose her home over a decade later.

When these two cross paths after many years, sparks fly and Kyle puts up a brick wall to protect himself. In this sweeping romance, emotions run high as the two try to find themselves, and each other, again.



No comments:

Post a Comment